Wednesday, February 21, 2007

New books

I happened to be away yesterday, and stopped for a while in a small and beautiful bookstore. It was in a renovated old house right on the Main Street of a little town. I spent a nice half hour walking around and of course bought a few books. The first one is a book of poems for children, by one of my favorite poets, Maxine Kumin. The second is a delightful sounding book in the spirit of Elizabeth Enright or E. Nesbit. The third is by a writer my husband and I are very fond of, about his much beloved, late wife, Alice. The fourth was recommended by an internet friend who left a comment on a Wendell Berry poem.



3 comments:

  1. I wondered where you were yesterday. You were missed! :)

    I listened to a podcast with Trillin that was quite interesting. I've added the book to my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nan, I read and loved About Alice..it is touching without being at all maudlin...I hope you love Jaybe Crow as much as I did!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Les. What a nice, nice thing to say. Calvin Trillin used to make regular appearances on late night talk shows, and is a very interesting talker and writer. Thanks, Jeanie, for the words about the book. I was a little reluctant to buy it because of the topic, but am glad I did. Tom is very excited to read JC, too.

    ReplyDelete

I'll answer your comments as soon as I possibly can. Please do come back if you've asked a question.
Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.