Friday, September 21, 2007

The Joy of Baking - Zucchini Chocolate Chip Cookies



Catherine Mary recently asked me if I had a zucchini cookie recipe, and it happens that I do. These were a huge hit!

Zucchini Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 cup butter
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups grated zucchini

4 cups flour
2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. cinnamon
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. baking soda

2 cups chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350.

Cream butter and sugar.
Add eggs, vanilla, and zucchini.
Mix dry ingredients and add.
Add chocolate chips.

Drop by teaspoonful on a greased cookie sheet and bake 8-10 minutes.
Makes about 75 cookies.

----------------
Now playing: Jo Stafford - Walkin' My Baby Back Home

7 comments:

  1. Thank you for this recipe. I have some zucchinis left and in order to make the often baked "family zucchetti cake" I'll try these cookies. I'm sure they will taste fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I know what I will be making and eating sometime this next week. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These sound so yummy, Nan. And I love the new picture on your header. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Barbara, maybe you could post that cake recipe on your blog?!

    Catherine Mary, I hope you like them. It was a delight to make them for you.

    Cdn reader, thanks so much. The morning mist was just so beautiful. We don't get much mist except this time of year and I just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your new header, Nan!! Such atmosphere. The cookies look yummy, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those cookies sound great. Not sure I could get them past the family (what is that green stuff?) but I might try. Ha!

    Lovely new picture. Looks cool and fallish!

    ReplyDelete

I'll answer your comments as soon as I possibly can. Please do come back if you've asked a question.
Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.