Monday, April 14, 2008

Crying in my soup :<)

A song, and a poem express pretty well what I am feeling today.

The song first, the Barenaked Ladies' "If I had $1,000,000". Then Browning's poem, "Oh, to be in England, now that April's there."

If you read Elaine's comment on the preceding post today, you'll know why. The Importance of Being Earnest is on stage at the Vaudeville Theatre in London. This is good enough in itself, but with Penelope Keith, Janet Henfrey ("our" Mrs Bale), and Lol, also from As Time Goes By, appearing, I could just cry that I can't be there.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I feel for you. It's at times like this that the world feels so big.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well I hate to rub it in but it was wonderful. My cry of Oh Look it's Mrs Bale came out slightly louder than I intended as well, much to the annoyance of people around me....

    ReplyDelete
  3. ARE THEY?!

    My friend and I so almost bought tickets, but... we just couldn't afford it. Gol darn and meuh. Perhaps... well, if all of them are in it.. and it's such a wonderful play... if I save my pennies...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to agree with you.... -sigh, sigh, sigh- Love Penelope Keith!

    M-N

    ReplyDelete

I'll answer your comments as soon as I possibly can. Please do come back if you've asked a question.
Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.