Friday, April 17, 2015

Clothesline revisited

Three years ago, almost to the day, I posted about my new clothesline. I didn’t keep it there too long. Turns out that the little walkway out to it between the lilac and honeysuckle wasn’t so much fun because of the giant rhubarb in the path. I could have transplanted it somewhere else, but decided it was easier to move the line.

So, Tom dug up the clothesline and put it out by the barn. It was a lovely spot, and served as a blog header picture last May. 


Today it was moved again to a place closer to the house. We could put it here because the old maple was cut down last fall, leaving a sun-drenched place just right for a clothesline. I couldn't be more pleased.

10 comments:

  1. There's nothing quite like the smell of clothes that have dried out in the sun! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hanging my clothes to dry! Simple pleasures :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Before I read Karen's comment, I was about to write "There is nothing like having your washing dry in the sun", but now that she's said it, I don't want to look like a copycat :-)
    Still - it's true!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I was a kid, we had a clothesline. I can remember hanging out my brother's diapers. I could barely reach the line with the clothes pins. I'm 8 years old than him, so you can tell about what age I was. I remember we had this cool hanger thing for the pins that slipped up and down the clothesline wire. Simple pleasures. I've not ever had a clothesline myself. And here, all the clothes would just get covered in pollen. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a clothespin bag with a plastic hook so I can slide it along. I wonder if that's what you mean.

      Delete
  5. Need to move my clothesline
    it is on a slope and do not like at this time.
    Thank you
    put on my to do list :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so much happier with this spot! I'm sure you will like yours, too.

      Delete

I'll answer your comments as soon as I possibly can. Please do come back if you've asked a question.
Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.